LYNCHPIN MEDIA (www.lynchpinmedia.co.uk)
Pippa has been with Lynchpin Media since 2017. As the Head of Design and Production, she is responsible for the day-to-day management of the production department, which produces six monthly B2B Middle East, Africa and Europe IT magazines. Working remotely with weekly meet-ups, duties include:
- Managing production workflows and schedules
- Chasing of copy and images from team members
- Ensuring that publications (both print and digital) are produced to agreed market dates and that production quality meets publisher service level standards
- Pre-press activities and delivery of final press-ready PDFs to the printer
- Developing new publications from concept to delivery
- Overseeing, training and mentoring a small team, including recruitment and staff appraisals
- Overall responsibility for the visual branding of the company’s products, including the development of logos, media kits, magazine adverts and exhibition stand graphics
ACHIEVEMENT: Pippa developed the Intelligent CISO magazine from concept to delivery; and directed/steered the development of Intelligent Data Centres magazine by a junior member of the team, from concept to delivery.
WESTERN REGIONAL MEDIA
As Publishing Director at Western Regional Media between 2015–2020 (concurrent with Lynchpin Media), Pippa oversaw all aspects of production, editorial content and design. She was responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the publishing department, which produced the quarterly, high-end WR, the Western Regional magazine. She was also tasked with the magazine’s evolution, and the implementation of processes and standards to ensure it remained of the highest quality, and was delivered on time and to budget.
ACHIEVEMENT: Pippa was part of the team who interviewed the then Home Secretary, Sajid Javid, and Deputy Leader of the Labour Party, Tom Watson, for the Spring 2019 issue.